The Sunday School Lesson God's Healing Presence by David McGee
May 29, 2022
God's Healing Presence (37:20)
Referenced Scriptures: Ezekiel 43:1-9; Ezekiel 47:1-12; Revelation 22:2
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looks toward the east.
2) Behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shined with his glory.
3) It was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city; and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell on my face.
4) The glory of Yahweh came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.
5) The Spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of Yahweh filled the house.
6) I heard one speaking to me out of the house; and a man stood by me.
7) He said to me, Son of man, [this is] the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. The house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their prostitution, and by the dead bodies of their kings [in] their high places;
8) in their setting of their threshold by my threshold, and their door-post beside my door-post, and there was [but] the wall between me and them; and they have defiled my holy name by their abominations which they have committed: why I have consumed them in my anger.
9) Now let them put away their prostitution, and the dead bodies of their kings, far from me; and I will dwell in the midst of them forever.
1) He brought me back to the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward; (for the forefront of the house was toward the east;) and the waters came down from under, from the right side of the house, on the south of the altar.
2) Then he brought me out by the way of the gate northward, and led me round by the way outside to the outer gate, by the way of [the gate] that looks toward the east; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
3) When the man went forth eastward with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he caused me to pass through the waters, waters that were to the ankles.
4) Again he measured one thousand, and caused me to pass through the waters, waters that were to the knees. Again he measured one thousand, and caused me to pass through [the waters], waters that were to the loins.
5) Afterward he measured one thousand; [and it was] a river that I could not pass through; for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed through.
6) He said to me, Son of man, have you seen [this]? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the bank of the river.
7) Now when I had returned, behold, on the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8) Then said he to me, These waters issue forth toward the eastern region, and shall go down into the Arabah; and they shall go toward the sea; into the sea [shall the waters go] which were made to issue forth; and the waters shall be healed.
9) It shall happen, that every living creature which swarms, in every place where the rivers come, shall live; and there shall be a very great multitude of fish; for these waters are come there, and [the waters of the sea] shall be healed, and everything shall live wherever the river comes.
10) It shall happen, that fishermen shall stand by it: from En-gedi even to En-eglaim shall be a place for the spreading of nets; their fish shall be after their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11) But the miry places of it, and the marshes of it, shall not be healed; they shall be given up to salt.
12) By the river on the bank of it, on this side and on that side, shall grow every tree for food, whose leaf shall not where, neither shall the fruit of it fail: it shall bring forth new fruit every month, because the waters of it issue out of the sanctuary; and the fruit of it shall be for food, and the leaf of it for healing.
2) in the midst of its street. On this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruits, yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.