Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Feb 23, 2020
Swamp Boots (37:42)
Referenced Scriptures: Proverbs 2:1-8; Proverbs 12:1-3; Genesis 3:1-15; Psalm 51:1-8; James 3:5-6
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) My son, if you will receive my words, And store up my commandments within you;
2) So as to turn your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding;
3) Yes, if you call out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding;
4) If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures:
5) Then you will understand the fear of Yahweh, And find the knowledge of God.
6) For Yahweh gives wisdom. Out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding.
7) He lays up sound wisdom for the upright. He is a shield to those who walk in integrity;
8) That he may guard the paths of justice, And preserve the way of his saints.
1) Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, But he who hates reproof is stupid.
2) A good man shall obtain favor from Yahweh, But he will condemn a man of wicked devices.
3) A man shall not be established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
1) Now the serpent was more subtle than any animal of the field which Yahweh God had made. He said to the woman, "Yes, has God said, ‘You shall not eat of any tree of the garden?‘"
2) The woman said to the serpent, "Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat,
3) but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.‘"
4) The serpent said to the woman, "You won‘t surely die,
5) for God knows that in the day you eat it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be as God, knowing good and evil."
6) When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit of it, and ate; and she gave some to her husband with her, and he ate.
7) Both of their eyes were opened, and they knew that they were naked. They sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8) They heard the voice of Yahweh God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Yahweh God among the trees of the garden.
9) Yahweh God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?"
10) The man said, "I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."
11) God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"
12) The man said, "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate."
13) Yahweh God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
14) Yahweh God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above every animal of the field. On your belly shall you go, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life.
15) I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel."
1) Have mercy on me, God, according to your lovingkindness. According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions.
2) Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity. Cleanse me from my sin.
3) For I know my transgressions. My sin is constantly before me.
4) Against you, and you only, have I sinned, And done that which is evil in your sight; That you may be proved right when you speak, And justified when you judge.
5) Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. In sin did my mother conceive me.
6) Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts. You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7) Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean. Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8) Let me hear joy and gladness, That the bones which you have broken may rejoice.
5) So the tongue is also a little member, and boasts great things. Behold, how much wood is kindled by how small a fire!
6) And the tongue is a fire. The world of iniquity among our members is the tongue, which defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature, and is set on fire by Gehenna.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.