Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Apr 14, 2019
Untie the Donkey (31:17)
Referenced Scriptures: Mark 11:1-11; Colossians 2:11-15; Galatians 2:20-21
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) When they drew near to Jerusalem, to Bethsphage and Bethany, at the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,
2) and said to them, "Go your way into the village that is opposite you. Immediately as you enter into it, you will find a colt tied, on which no one has sat. Untie him, and bring him.
3) If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you doing this?‘ say, ‘The Lord needs him;‘ and immediately he will send him back here."
4) They went away, and found a colt tied at the door outside in the open street, and they untied him.
5) Some of those who stood there asked them, "What are you doing, untying the colt?"
6) They said to them just as Jesus had said, and they let them go.
7) They brought the colt to Jesus, and threw their garments on him, and Jesus sat on him.
8) Many spread their garments on the way, and others were cutting down branches from the trees, and spreading them on the road.
9) Those who went in front, and those who followed, cried, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
10) Blessed is the kingdom of our father David that is coming in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"
11) Jesus entered into the temple in Jerusalem. When he had looked around at everything, it being now evening, he went out to Bethany with the twelve.
11) in whom you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ;
12) having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13) You were dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh. He made you alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;
14) having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he has taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross;
15) having stripped the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
20) I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me. That life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.
21) I don‘t make void the grace of God. For if righteousness is through the law, then Christ died for nothing!"
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.