Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Apr 22, 2019
Referenced Scriptures: Jeremiah 29:11; Philippians 1:6; John 20:11-18; Matthew 22:29-32; Philippians 3:10-21
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
11) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end.
6) being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
11) But Mary was standing outside at the tomb weeping. So, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb,
12) and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head, and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13) They told her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I don‘t know where they have laid him."
14) When she had said this, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and didn‘t know that it was Jesus.
15) Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?" She, supposing him to be the gardener, said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away."
16) Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned herself, and said to him, "Rhabbouni!" which is to say, "Teacher!"
17) Jesus said to her, "Don‘t touch me, for I haven‘t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.‘"
18) Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had said these things to her.
29) But Jesus answered them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like God‘s angels in heaven.
31) But concerning the resurrection of the dead, haven‘t you read that which was spoken to you by God, saying,
32) ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?‘ God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."
10) that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death;
11) if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12) Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, if it is so that I may take hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
13) Brothers, I don‘t regard myself as yet having laid hold, but one thing I do. Forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before,
14) I press on toward the goal to the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15) Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, think this way. If in anything you think otherwise, this God will also reveal that to you.
16) Nevertheless, to the extent that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule. Let us be of the same mind.
17) Brothers, be imitators together of me, and note those who walk this way, even as you have us for an example.
18) For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, as the enemies of the cross of Christ,
19) whose end is destruction, whose god is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who think about earthly things.
20) For our citizenship is in heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord, Jesus Christ;
21) who will change the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working whereby he is able even to subject all things to himself.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.