Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Nov 22, 2020
Thanks Giving (32:50)
Referenced Scriptures: Ephesians 1:3; James 1:16-18; Hebrews 8:6-12; Isaiah 61:1-7
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ;
16) Don‘t be deceived, my beloved brothers.
17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, nor turning shadow.
18) Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of his creatures.
6) But now he has obtained a more excellent ministry, by so much as he is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
8) For finding fault with them, he said, "Behold, the days come," says the Lord, "That I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, In the day that I took them by the hand to lead them forth out of the land of Egypt; For they didn‘t continue in my covenant, And I disregarded them," says the Lord.
10) "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days," says the Lord; "I will put my laws into their mind, I will also write them on their heart. I will be to them a God, And they will be to me a people.
11) They will not teach every man his fellow citizen, Every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,‘ For all will know me, From the least of them to the greatest of them.
12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness. I will remember their sins and lawless deeds no more."
1) The Spirit of the Lord Yahweh is on me; because Yahweh has anointed me to preach good news to the humble; he has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening [of the prison] to those who are bound;
2) to proclaim the year of Yahweh‘s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
3) to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.
4) They shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
5) Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vine-dressers.
6) But you shall be named the priests of Yahweh; men shall call you the ministers of our God: you shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their glory shall you boast yourselves.
7) Instead of your shame [you shall have] double; and instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be to them.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.