Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Oct 20, 2019
The World Is Not A Stage (31:31)
Referenced Scriptures: Matthew 6:1-18; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 7:1-22
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) "Be careful that you don‘t do your charitable giving before men, to be seen by them, or else you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
2) Therefore when you do merciful deeds, don‘t sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may get glory from men. Most assuredly, I tell you, they have received their reward.
3) But when you do merciful deeds, don‘t let your left hand know what your right hand does,
4) so that your merciful deeds may be in secret, then your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
5) "When you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Most assuredly, I tell you, they have received their reward.
6) But you, when you pray, enter into your inner chamber, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
7) In praying, don‘t use vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their much speaking.
8) Therefore don‘t be like them, for your Father knows what things you need, before you ask him.
9) Pray like this. ‘Our Father, who is in heaven, may your name be kept holy.
10) May your kingdom come. May your will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.
11) Give us this day our daily bread.
12) Forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors.
13) Bring us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever. Amen.‘
14) For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15) But if you don‘t forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
16) "Moreover when you fast, don‘t be, as the hypocrites, with sad faces. For they disfigure their faces, that they may be seen by men to be fasting. Most assuredly I tell you, they have received their reward.
17) But you, when you fast, anoint your head, and wash your face;
18) that you are not seen by men to be fasting, but by your Father who is in secret, and your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19) Or don‘t you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from God? You are not your own,
20) for you were bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God‘s.
1 Corinthians 7:1-22
1) Now concerning the things about which you wrote to me. It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2) But, because of sexual sins, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
3) Let the husband render to the wife her due, and likewise also the wife to the husband.
4) The wife doesn‘t have authority over her own body, but the husband. Likewise also the husband doesn‘t have power over his own body, but the wife.
5) Don‘t defraud one another, unless it is by consent for a season, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer, and may be together again, that Satan doesn‘t tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
6) But this I say by way of concession, not of commandment.
7) Yet I wish that all men were like me. However each man has his own gift from God, one of this kind, and another of that kind.
8) But I say to the unmarried and to widows, it is good for them if they remain even as I am.
9) But if they don‘t have self-control, let them marry. For it‘s better to marry than to burn.
10) But to the married I command -- not I, but the Lord -- that the wife not leave her husband
11) (but if she departs, let her remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband not leave his wife.
12) But to the rest I -- not the Lord -- say, if any brother has an unbelieving wife, and she is content to live with him, let him not leave her.
13) The woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he is content to live with her, let her not leave her husband.
14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now are they holy.
15) Yet if the unbeliever departs, let there be separation. The brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us in peace.
16) For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?
17) Only, as the Lord has distributed to each man, as God has called each, so let him walk. So I command in all the assemblies.
18) Was anyone called being circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Has any been called in uncircumcision? Let him not be circumcised.
19) Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
20) Let each man stay in that calling in which he was called.
21) Were you called being a bondservant? Don‘t let that bother you, but if you get an opportunity to become free, use it.
22) For he who was called in the Lord being a bondservant is the Lord‘s free man. Likewise he who was called being free is Christ‘s bondservant.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.