Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Jul 14, 2019
The Hand of God (26:28)
Referenced Scriptures: Psalm 44:1-8; Jeremiah 32:17-17; Ecclesiastes 9:10-18; Psalm 18:30-30; Philippians 1:6-6
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) We have heard with our ears, God; Our fathers have told us, What work you did in their days, In the days of old.
2) You drove out the nations with your hand, But you planted them. You afflicted the peoples, But you spread them abroad.
3) For they didn‘t get the land in possession by their own sword, Neither did their own arm save them; But your right hand, and your arm, and the light of your face, Because you were favorable to them.
4) You are my King, God. Command victories for Jacob!
5) Through you, will we push down our adversaries. Through your name, will we tread them under who rise up against us.
6) For I will not trust in my bow, Neither shall my sword save me.
7) But you have saved us from our adversaries, And have put them to shame who hate us.
8) In God have we made our boast all day long, We will give thanks to your name forever. Selah.
17) Ah Lord Yahweh! behold, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm; there is nothing too hard for you,
10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, where you are going.
11) I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.
12) For man also doesn‘t know his time. As the fish that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare, even so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly on them.
13) I have also seen wisdom under the sun in this way, and it seemed great to me.
14) There was a little city, and few men within it; and a great king came against it, besieged it, and built great bulwarks against it.
15) Now a poor wise man was found in it, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man.
16) Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength. Nevertheless the poor man‘s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
17) The words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the cry of him who rules among fools.
18) Wisdom is better than weapons of war; but one sinner destroys much good.
30) As for God, his way is perfect. The word of Yahweh is tried. He is a shield to all those who take refuge in him.
6) being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.