Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Jan 13, 2019
The Door of Opportunity (32:54)
Referenced Scriptures: 1 Corinthians 16:5-9; Ephesians 6:13-18; Revelation 3:20-22; Matthew 10:12-15; Matthew 25:1-13
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1 Corinthians 16:5-9
5) But I will come to you when I have passed through Macedonia, for I am passing through Macedonia.
6) But with you it may be that I will stay, or even winter, that you may send me on my journey wherever I go.
7) For I do not wish to see you now in passing, but I hope to stay a while with you, if the Lord permits.
8) But I will stay at Ephesus until Pentecost,
9) for a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
13) Therefore, put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand.
14) Stand therefore, having the utility belt of truth buckled around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15) and having fitted your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16) above all, taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.
17) Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18) with all prayer and requests, praying at all times in the Spirit, and being watchful to this end in all perseverance and requests for all the saints:
20) Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me.
21) He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne.
22) He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies."
12) As you enter into the household, greet it.
13) If the household is worthy, let your peace come on it, but if it isn‘t worthy, let your peace return to you.
14) Whoever doesn‘t receive you, nor hear your words, as you go forth out of that house or that city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15) Most assuredly I tell you, It will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.
1) "Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2) Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.
3) Those who were foolish, when they took their lamps, took no oil with them,
4) but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5) Now while the bridegroom delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6) But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Behold! The bridegroom is coming! Come out to meet him!‘
7) Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8) The foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.‘
9) But the wise answered, saying, ‘What if there will not be enough for us and you? You go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.‘
10) While they went away to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.
11) Afterward the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us.‘
12) But he answered, ‘Most assuredly I tell you, I don‘t know you.‘
13) Watch therefore, for you don‘t know the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.