Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Dec 10, 2023
Blessed Is She Who Has Believed (35:48)
Referenced Scriptures: Luke 1:26-45; Ephesians 1:6; Isaiah 7:14
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
26) Now in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27) to a virgin pledged to be married to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin‘s name was Mary.
28) Having come in to her, the angel said, "Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!"
29) But when she saw him, she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered what kind of salutation this might be.
30) The angel said to her, "Don‘t be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31) Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and will call his name JESUS.
32) He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give to him the throne of his father, David,
33) and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end of his kingdom."
34) Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, seeing I am a virgin?"
35) The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one which is born from you will be called the Son of God.
36) Behold, Elizabeth, your relative, also has conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37) For no word from God will be void of power."
38) Mary said, "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; be it to me according to your word." The angel departed from her.
39) Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah,
40) and entered into the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
41) It happened, when Elizabeth heard Mary‘s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42) She called out with a loud voice, and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
43) Why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44) For behold, when the voice of your greeting came into my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy!
45) Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of the things which have been spoken to her from the Lord!"
6) to the praise of the glory of his grace, which he freely bestowed on us in the Beloved,
14) Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.