Windber First Assembly of God's Current Sermon by David McGee
Oct 24, 2021
Hunting for Treasure (34:38)
Referenced Scriptures: Matthew 18:12-35; Revelation 13:16
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
12) "What do you think? If a man has one hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, doesn‘t he leave the ninety-nine, go to the mountains, and seek that which has gone astray?
13) If he happens to find it, most assuredly I tell you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray.
14) Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
15) "If your brother sins against you, go, show him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained back your brother.
16) But if he doesn‘t listen, take one or two more with you, that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17) If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the assembly. If he refuses to hear the assembly also, let him be to you as a Gentile or a tax collector.
18) Most assuredly I tell you, whatever things you will bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever things you will loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19) Again, assuredly I tell you, that if two of you will agree on earth concerning anything that they will ask, it will be done for them by my Father who is in heaven.
20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
21) Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Until seven times?"
22) Jesus said to him, "I don‘t tell you until seven times, but, until seventy times seven.
23) Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who wanted to reconcile accounts with his servants.
24) When he had begun to reconcile, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25) But because he couldn‘t pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, with his wife, his children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26) The servant therefore fell down and kneeled before him, saying, ‘Lord, have patience with me, and I will repay you all.‘
27) The lord of that servant, being moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28) But that servant went out, and found one of his fellow-servants, who owed him one hundred denarii, and he laid hold on him, and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!‘
29) So his fellow-servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will repay you.‘
30) He would not, but went and cast him into prison, until he should pay back that which was due.
31) So when his fellow-servants saw what was done, they were exceedingly sorry, and came and told to their lord all that was done.
32) Then his lord called him in, and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me.
33) Shouldn‘t you also have had mercy on your fellow-servant, even as I had mercy on you?‘
34) His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him.
35) So will my heavenly Father also do to you, if you don‘t each forgive his brother from your hearts for his misdeeds."
16) He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given a mark on their right hand, or on their forehead;
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.