The Sunday School Lesson The Calling of Discipleship by David McGee
Mar 06, 2022
The Calling of Discipleship (39:52)
Referenced Scriptures: Matthew 4:18-22; Matthew 9:9-13; Mark 1:14-20; Mark 3:7-19
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
18) Walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers: Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew, his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
19) He said to them, "Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers for men."
20) They immediately left their nets, and followed him.
21) Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James, the son of Zebedee, and John, his brother, in the boat with Zebedee, their father, mending their nets. He called them.
22) They immediately left the boat and their father, and followed him.
9) As Jesus passed by from there, he saw a man called Matthew, sitting at the tax collection office. He said to him, "Follow me." He got up and followed him.
10) It happened, as he sat at the table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Jesus and his disciples.
11) When the Pharisees saw it, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with the tax collectors and sinners?"
12) When Jesus heard it, he said to them, "Those who are healthy have no need for a physician, but those who are sick do.
13) But you go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,‘ for I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
14) Now after John was taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15) and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand! Repent, and believe in the gospel."
16) Passing along by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew, the brother of Simon, casting a net in the sea, for they were fishermen.
17) Jesus said to them, "Come after me, and I will make you into fishers for men."
18) Immediately they left their nets, and followed him.
19) Going on a little further from there, he saw James, the son of Zebedee, and John, his brother, who also were in the boat mending the nets.
20) Immediately he called them, and they left their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired servants, and went after him.
7) Jesus withdrew to the sea with his disciples, and a great multitude followed him from Galilee, from Judea,
8) from Jerusalem, from Idumaea, beyond the Jordan, and those from around Tyre and Sidon. A great multitude, hearing what great things he did, came to him.
9) He spoke to his disciples, that a little boat should stay near him because of the crowd, so that they wouldn‘t press on him.
10) For he had healed many, so that as many as had diseases pressed on him that they might touch him.
11) The unclean spirits, whenever they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, "You are the Son of God!"
12) He sternly warned them that they should not make him known.
13) He went up into the mountain, and called to himself whom he wanted, and they went to him.
14) He appointed twelve, that they might be with him, and that he might send them out to preach,
15) and to have authority to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:
16) Simon, to whom he gave the name Peter;
17) James the son of Zebedee; John, the brother of James, and them he surnamed Boanerges, which is, Sons of thunder;
18) Andrew; Philip; Bartholomew; Matthew; Thomas; James, the son of Alphaeus; Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot;
19) and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. He came into a house.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.