The Sunday School Lesson Victory in Jesus by David McGee
Feb 27, 2022
Victory in Jesus (44:44)
Referenced Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 10:1-6; Colossians 2:9-15; James 4:4-10; 1 Peter 5:6-10
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
2 Corinthians 10:1-6
1) Now I Paul, myself, entreat you by the humility and gentleness of Christ; I who in your presence am lowly among you, but being absent am of good courage toward you.
2) Yes, I beg you, that I may not, when present, show courage with the confidence with which I count to be bold against some, who count of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
3) For though we walk in the flesh, we don‘t wage war according to the flesh;
4) for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds,
5) throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;
6) and being in readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience will be made full.
9) For in him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,
10) and in him you are made full, who is the head of all principality and power;
11) in whom you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ;
12) having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13) You were dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh. He made you alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;
14) having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he has taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross;
15) having stripped the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
4) You adulterers and adulteresses, don‘t you know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
5) Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who lives in us yearns jealously"?
6) But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7) Be subject therefore to God. But resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8) Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9) Lament, mourn, and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to gloom.
10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he will exalt you.
1 Peter 5:6-10
6) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;
7) casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you.
8) Be sober and self-controlled. Be watchful. Your adversary the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9) Withstand him steadfast in your faith, knowing that your brothers who are in the world are undergoing the same sufferings.
10) But may the God of all grace (who called you to his eternal glory by Christ Jesus), after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.