The Sunday School Lesson Everlasting Judgement or Everlasting Joy? by David McGee
Dec 12, 2020
Everlasting Judgement or Everlasting Joy? (40:37)
Referenced Scriptures: Isaiah 34:1-17; Isaiah 35:1-10
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Come near, you nations, to hear; and listen, you peoples: let the earth hear, and the fullness of it; the world, and all things that come forth from it.
2) For Yahweh has indignation against all the nations, and wrath against all their host: he has utterly destroyed them, he has delivered them to the slaughter.
3) Their slain also shall be cast out, and the stench of their dead bodies shall come up; and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4) All the host of the sky shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll; and all their host shall fade away, as the leaf fades from off the vine, and as a fading [leaf] from the fig-tree.
5) For my sword has drunk its fill in the sky: behold, it shall come down on Edom, and on the people of my curse, to judgment.
6) The sword of Yahweh is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams; for Yahweh has a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
7) The wild-oxen shall come down with them, and the bulls with the bulls: and their land shall be drunken with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
8) For Yahweh has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
9) The streams of [Edom] shall be turned into pitch, and the dust of it into sulfur, and the land of it shall become burning pitch.
10) It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke of it shall go up for ever; from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it forever and ever.
11) But the pelican and the porcupine shall possess it; and the owl and the raven shall dwell therein: and he will stretch over it the line of confusion, and the plummet of emptiness.
12) They shall call the nobles of it to the kingdom, but none shall be there; and all its princes shall be nothing.
13) Thorns shall come up in its palaces, nettles and thistles in the fortresses of it; and it shall be a habitation of jackals, a court for ostriches.
14) The wild animals of the desert shall meet with the wolves, and the wild goat shall cry to his fellow; yes, the night-monster shall settle there, and shall find her a place of rest.
15) There shall the dart-snake make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shade; yes, there shall the kites be gathered, everyone with her mate.
16) Seek you out of the book of Yahweh, and read: no one of these shall be missing, none shall want her mate; for my mouth, it has commanded, and his Spirit, it has gathered them.
17) He has cast the lot for them, and his hand has divided it to them by line: they shall possess it forever; from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.
1) The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
2) It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon: they shall see the glory of Yahweh, the excellency of our God.
3) Strengthen you the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.
4) Tell those who are of a fearful heart, Be strong, don‘t be afraid: behold, your God will come [with] vengeance, [with] the recompense of God; he will come and save you.
5) Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6) Then shall the lame man leap as a hart, and the tongue of the mute shall sing; for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
7) The glowing sand shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water: in the habitation of jackals, where they lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
8) A highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, but is shall be for for him who walks in the Way. Wicked fools will not go there.
9) No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous animal go up thereon; they shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk [there]:
10) and the ransomed of Yahweh shall return, and come with singing to Zion; and everlasting joy shall be on their heads: they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.