The Sunday School Lesson The Bible Speaks to Families by David McGee
Jun 28, 2020
The Bible Speaks to Families (31:00)
Referenced Scriptures: Genesis 2:18-25; Deuteronomy 11:18-25; Deuteronomy 30:15-16; Ephesians 5:21-33; Ephesians 6:1-4
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
18) Yahweh God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19) Out of the ground Yahweh God formed every animal of the field, and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. Whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.
20) The man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every animal of the field; but for man there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21) Yahweh God caused a deep sleep to fall on the man, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.
22) He made the rib, which Yahweh God had taken from the man, into a woman, and brought her to the man.
23) The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. She will be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
24) Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh.
25) They were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
18) Therefore shall you lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul; and you shall bind them for a sign on your hand, and they shall be for symbols between your eyes.
19) You shall teach them your children, talking of them, when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up.
20) You shall write them on the door-posts of your house, and on your gates;
21) that your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which Yahweh swore to your fathers to give them, as the days of the heavens above the earth.
22) For if you shall diligently keep all this commandment which I command you, to do it, to love Yahweh your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave to him;
23) then will Yahweh drive out all these nations from before you, and you shall dispossess nations greater and mightier than yourselves.
24) Every place whereon the sole of your foot shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness, and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even to the hinder sea shall be your border.
25) There shall no man be able to stand before you: Yahweh your God shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you on all the land that you shall tread on, as he has spoken to you.
15) Behold, I have set before you this day life and good, and death and evil;
16) in that I command you this day to love Yahweh your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his ordinances, that you may live and multiply, and that Yahweh your God may bless you in the land where you go in to possess it.
21) subjecting yourselves one to another in the fear of Christ.
22) Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23) For the husband is the head of the wife, and Christ also is the head of the assembly, being himself the savior of the body.
24) But as the assembly is subject to Christ, so let the wives also be to their husbands in everything.
25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the assembly, and gave himself up for it;
26) that he might sanctify it, having cleansed it by the washing of water with the word,
27) that he might present the assembly to himself gloriously, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28) Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself.
29) For no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as Christ also the assembly;
30) because we are members of his body, of his flesh and bones.
31) "For this cause a man will leave his father and mother, and will be joined to his wife. The two will become one flesh."
32) This mystery is great, but I speak in regard of Christ and of the assembly.
33) Nevertheless each of you must also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2) "Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment with a promise:
3) "that it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth."
4) You fathers, don‘t provoke your children to wrath, but nurture them in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.