The Sunday School Lesson The Authority of Scripture by David McGee
Jun 07, 2020
The Authority of Scripture (35:17)
Referenced Scriptures: Psalm 19:1-14; Psalm 119:105-112; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) The heavens declare the glory of God. The expanse shows his handiwork.
2) Day after day they pour forth speech, And night after night they display knowledge.
3) There is no speech nor language, Where their voice is not heard.
4) Their voice has gone out through all the earth, Their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,
5) Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, Like a strong man rejoicing to run his course.
6) His going forth is from the end of the heavens, His circuit to the ends of it; There is nothing hid from the heat of it.
7) The law of Yahweh is perfect, restoring the soul. The testimony of Yahweh is sure, making wise the simple.
8) The precepts of Yahweh are right, rejoicing the heart. The commandment of Yahweh is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9) The fear of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever. The ordinances of Yahweh are true, and righteous altogether.
10) More to be desired are they than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the extract of the honeycomb.
11) Moreover by them is your servant warned. In keeping them there is great reward.
12) Who can discern his errors? Forgive me from hidden errors.
13) Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me. Then I will be upright, I will be blameless and innocent of great transgression.
14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in your sight, Yahweh, my rock, and my redeemer. Psalm 20 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
105) Your word is a lamp to my feet, And a light for my path.
106) I have sworn, and have confirmed it, That I will obey your righteous ordinances.
107) I am afflicted very much. Revive me, Yahweh, according to your word.
108) Accept, I beg you, the willing offerings of my mouth. Yahweh, teach me your ordinances.
109) My soul is continually in my hand, Yet I won‘t forget your law.
110) The wicked have laid a snare for me, Yet I haven‘t gone astray from your precepts.
111) I have taken your testimonies as a heritage forever, For they are the joy of my heart.
112) I have set my heart to perform your statutes forever, Even to the end. SAMEKH
2 Timothy 3:14-17
14) But you remain in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them.
15) From infancy, you have known the sacred writings which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus.
16) Every scripture inspired by God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness,
17) that the man of God may be complete, furnished completely to every good work.
2 Peter 1:16-21
16) For we did not follow cunningly devised fables, when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17) For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
18) This voice we heard come out of heaven, when we were with him in the holy mountain.
19) We have the more sure word of prophecy; whereunto you do well that you take heed, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns, and the day star arises in your hearts:
20) knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
21) For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke, being moved by the Holy Spirit.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.