The Sunday School Lesson Free in Christ by David McGee
May 17, 2020
Free in Christ (43:28)
Referenced Scriptures: Galatians 5:1-26
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Stand firm therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and don‘t be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2) Behold, I, Paul, tell you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will profit you nothing.
3) Yes, I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4) You are alienated from Christ, you desire to be justified by the law. You have fallen away from grace.
5) For we, through the Spirit, by faith wait for the hope of righteousness.
6) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision amounts to anything, nor uncircumcision, but faith working through love.
7) You were running well! Who interfered with you that you should not obey the truth?
8) This persuasion is not from him who calls you.
9) A little yeast grows through the whole lump.
10) I have confidence toward you in the Lord that you will think no other way. But he who troubles you will bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11) But I, brothers, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling-block of the cross has been removed.
12) I wish that those who disturb you would cut themselves off.
13) For you, brothers, were called for freedom. Only don‘t use your freedom for gain to the flesh, but through love be servants to one another.
14) For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15) But if you bite and devour one another, be careful that you don‘t consume one another.
16) But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won‘t fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary the one to the other, that you may not do the things that you desire.
18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19) Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,
20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
21) envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23) gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
24) Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25) If we live by the Spirit, let‘s also walk by the Spirit.
26) Let‘s not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.