The Sunday School Lesson Living a Christlike Life by David McGee
Jan 12, 2020
Living a Christlike Life (40:26)
Referenced Scriptures: John 17:14-21; Acts 1:8-8; 2 Corinthians 7:1-1; Galatians 5:16-26; Galatians 6:7-10; Romans 6:19-22; 1 Thessalonians 5:22-24; Hebrews 2:10-12; 1 Peter 1:13-19
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
14) I have given them your word. The world hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15) I pray not that you would take them from the world, but that you would keep them from the evil one.
16) They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.
17) Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth.
18) As you sent me into the world, even so I sent them into the world.
19) For their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.
20) Neither for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe in me through their word,
21) that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.
8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you. You will be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost parts of the earth."
2 Corinthians 7:1-1
1) Having therefore these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
16) But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won‘t fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary the one to the other, that you may not do the things that you desire.
18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19) Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,
20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
21) envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23) gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
24) Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25) If we live by the Spirit, let‘s also walk by the Spirit.
26) Let‘s not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another.
7) Don‘t be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that will he also reap.
8) For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
9) Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we don‘t give up.
10) So then, as we have opportunity, let us work that which is good toward all men, and especially toward those who are of the household of the faith.
19) I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh, for as you presented your members as servants to uncleanness and to wickedness upon wickedness, even so now present your members as servants to righteousness for sanctification.
20) For when you were servants of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21) What fruit then did you have at that time in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.
22) But now, being made free from sin, and having become servants of God, you have your fruit of sanctification, and the result of eternal life.
1 Thessalonians 5:22-24
22) Abstain from every form of evil.
23) May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24) Faithful is he who calls you, who will also do it.
10) For it became him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11) For both he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brothers,
12) saying, "I will declare your name to my brothers, In the midst of the congregation will I sing your praise."
1 Peter 1:13-19
13) Therefore, prepare your minds for action, be sober and set your hope perfectly on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ --
14) as children of obedience, not conforming yourselves according to your former lusts as in your ignorance,
15) but just as he who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all of your behavior;
16) because it is written, "You shall be holy; for I am holy."
17) If you call on him as Father, who without respect of persons judges according to each man‘s work, pass the time of your living as strangers here in reverent fear:
18) knowing that you were redeemed, not with corruptible things, with silver or gold, from the useless way of life handed down from your fathers,
19) but with precious blood, as of a lamb without spot, the blood of Christ;
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.