The Sunday School Lesson Christ Will Come Again by David McGee
Jan 05, 2020
Christ Will Come Again (22:36)
Referenced Scriptures: Matthew 24:42-51; Luke 12:35-40; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:6-11; Acts 3:19-21; 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; James 5:7-8; 2 Peter 3:10-13
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
42) Watch therefore, for you don‘t know in what hour your Lord comes.
43) But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have watched, and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.
44) Therefore also be ready, for in an hour that you don‘t expect, the Son of Man will come.
45) Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his lord has set over his household, to give them their food in due season?
46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord will find doing so when he comes.
47) Most assuredly I tell you, that he will set him over all that he has.
48) But if that evil servant should say in his heart, ‘My lord is delaying his coming,‘
49) and began to beat his fellow-servants, and eat and drink with the drunken,
50) the lord of that servant will come in a day when he doesn‘t expect it, and in an hour when he doesn‘t know it,
51) and will cut him in pieces, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites; there is where the weeping and grinding of teeth will be.
35) Let your loins be girded about, and your lamps burning.
36) Be like men looking for their lord, when he will return from the marriage feast; that, when he comes and knocks, they may immediately open to him.
37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord will find watching when he comes. Most assuredly I tell you, that he will gird himself, and make them recline, and will come and serve them.
38) They will be blessed if he comes in the second or third watch, and finds them so.
39) But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what hour the thief was coming, he would have watched, and not allowed his house to be broken into.
40) Therefore be ready also, for the Son of Man is coming in an hour that you don‘t expect him."
1) "Don‘t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.
2) In my Father‘s house are many mansions. If it weren‘t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.
3) If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.
6) Therefore, when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, are you now restoring the kingdom to Israel?"
7) He said to them, "It isn‘t for you to know times or seasons which the Father has set within His own authority.
8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you. You will be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost parts of the earth."
9) When he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up, and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10) While they were looking steadfastly into the sky as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white clothing,
11) who also said, "You men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who was received up from you into the sky will come back in the same way as you saw him going into the sky."
19) Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that so there may come times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord,
20) and that he may send Christ Jesus, who was ordained for you before,
21) whom the heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, whereof God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets that have been from ancient times.
1 Corinthians 15:24-26
24) Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
25) For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
26) The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13) But we don‘t want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you don‘t grieve like the rest, who have no hope.
14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so those who have fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15) For this we tell you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left to the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep.
16) For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God‘s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first,
17) then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever.
18) Therefore comfort one another with these words.
7) Be patient therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient over it, until it receives the early and late rain.
8) You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
2 Peter 3:10-13
10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11) Therefore since all these things are thus to be destroyed, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy living and godliness,
12) looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, by reason of which the heavens being on fire will be dissolved, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13) But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, in which dwells righteousness.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.