The Sunday School Lesson Spiritual Gifts in the Assembly by David McGee
May 12, 2019
Spiritual Gifts in the Assembly (41:10)
Referenced Scriptures: 1 Corinthians 12:1-30
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1 Corinthians 12:1-30
1) Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I don‘t want you to be ignorant.
2) You know that when you were Gentiles, you were led away to those mute idols, however you might be led.
3) Therefore I make known to you that no man speaking by God‘s Spirit says, "Jesus is accursed." No one can say, "Jesus is Lord," but by the Holy Spirit.
4) Now there are various kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5) There are various kinds of service, and the same Lord.
6) There are various kinds of workings, but the same God, who works all things in all.
7) But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the profit of all.
8) For to one is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom, and to another the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit;
9) to another faith, by the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, by the same Spirit;
10) and to another workings of miracles; and to another prophecy; and to another discerning of spirits; to another different kinds of languages; and to another the interpretation of languages.
11) But the one and the same Spirit works all of these, distributing to each one separately as he desires.
12) For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
13) For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink into one Spirit.
14) For the body is not one member, but many.
15) If the foot would say, "Because I‘m not the hand, I‘m not part of the body," it is not therefore not part of the body.
16) If the ear would say, "Because I‘m not the eye, I‘m not part of the body," it‘s not therefore not part of the body.
17) If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the smelling be?
18) But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body, just as he desired.
19) If they were all one member, where would the body be?
20) But now they are many members, but one body.
21) The eye can‘t tell the hand, "I have no need for you," or again the head to the feet, "I have no need for you."
22) No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
23) Those parts of the body which we think to be less honorable, on those we bestow more abundant honor; and our unpresentable parts have more abundant propriety;
24) whereas our presentable parts have no such need. But God composed the body together, giving more abundant honor to the inferior part,
25) that there should be no division in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
26) When one member suffers, all the members suffer with it. Or when one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27) Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.
28) God has set some in the assembly, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracle workers, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, and various kinds of languages.
29) Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all miracle workers?
30) Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with various languages? Do all interpret?
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.