The Sunday School Lesson Devoted to Jesus Christ (Mary Magdalene) by David McGee
Mar 31, 2019
Devoted to Jesus Christ (Mary Magdalene) (47:51)
Referenced Scriptures: Mark 15:37-47; Mark 16:1-9; Luke 8:1-3; John 20:1-18
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
37) Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and gave up the spirit.
38) The veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom.
39) When the centurion, who stood by opposite him, saw that he cried out like this and breathed his last, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!"
40) There were also women watching from afar, among whom were both Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;
41) who, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and served him; and many other women who came up with him to Jerusalem.
42) When evening had now come, because it was the Preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath,
43) Joseph of Arimathaea, a member of the council of honorable estate, who also himself was looking for the kingdom of God, came. He boldly went in to Pilate, and asked for Jesus‘ body.
44) Pilate marveled if he were already dead: and calling to him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been dead for a while.
45) When he learned it from the centurion, he granted the body to Joseph.
46) He bought a linen cloth, and taking him down, wound him in the linen cloth, and laid him in a tomb which had been cut out of a rock. He rolled a stone against the door of the tomb.
47) Mary Magdalene and Mary, the mother of Joses, saw where he was laid.
1) When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, that they might come and anoint him.
2) Very early on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.
3) They were saying among themselves, "Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?"
4) for it was very big. Looking up, they saw that the stone was rolled back
5) Entering into the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were amazed.
6) He said to them, "Don‘t be amazed. You seek Jesus, the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen. He is not here. Behold, the place where they laid him!
7) But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He goes before you into Galilee. There you will see him, as he said to you.‘"
8) They went out, and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had come on them. They said nothing to anyone; for they were afraid.
9) Now when he had risen early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons.
1) It happened soon afterwards, that he went about through cities and villages, preaching and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God, and with him the twelve,
2) and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out;
3) and Joanna, the wife of Chuzas, Herod‘s steward, Susanna; and many others; who ministered to them from their possessions.
1) Now on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene came early, while it was yet dark, to the tomb, and saw the stone taken away from the tomb.
2) She ran therefore, and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we don‘t know where they have laid him!"
3) Peter therefore went forth, and the other disciple, and they went toward the tomb.
4) They both ran together. The other disciple outran Peter, and came to the tomb first.
5) Stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths lying, yet he didn‘t enter in.
6) Then Simon Peter came, following him, and entered into the tomb. He saw the linen cloths lying,
7) and the cloth that was on his head, not lying with the linen cloths, but rolled up in a place by itself.
8) Then the other disciple also entered in therefore, who came first to the tomb, and he saw, and believed.
9) For as yet they didn‘t know the scripture, that he must rise from the dead.
10) So the disciples went away again to their own homes.
11) But Mary was standing outside at the tomb weeping. So, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb,
12) and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head, and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13) They told her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I don‘t know where they have laid him."
14) When she had said this, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and didn‘t know that it was Jesus.
15) Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?" She, supposing him to be the gardener, said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away."
16) Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned herself, and said to him, "Rhabbouni!" which is to say, "Teacher!"
17) Jesus said to her, "Don‘t touch me, for I haven‘t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.‘"
18) Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had said these things to her.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.