Love and lordship both are key characteristics of God presented in Scripture. John 3:16 describes God's love as so great that it resulted in sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for a lost world. Revelation 20:11-15 gives equally compelling images of God's lordship. He is a holy and just God who judges evil.
Some critics of the Bible see these aspects of God's character as irreconcilable. How can a loving God condemn the wicked to eternal punishment? Yet these divine traits do go together. God seeks to save sinful people from the eternal consequences of their rebellion. But His love does not override His holy judgment of evil. Those who persist in rejecting God's mercy will eventually experience His judgment.
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
5) Thus says Yahweh: Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from Yahweh.
6) For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, a salt land and not inhabited.
7) Blessed is the man who trusts in Yahweh, and whose trust Yahweh is.
8) For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, who spreads out its roots by the river, and shall not fear when heat comes, but its leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?
10) I, Yahweh, search the mind, I try the heart, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.