The Sunday School Lesson Praise Almighty God by David McGee
Aug 07, 2022
Praise Almighty God (37:58)
Referenced Scriptures: Psalm 50:1-23; Psalm 147:1-20
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) The Mighty One, God, Yahweh, speaks, And calls the earth from sunrise to sunset.
2) Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.
3) Our God comes, and does not keep silence. A fire devours before him. It is very tempestuous around him.
4) He calls to the heavens above, To the earth, that he may judge his people:
5) "Gather my saints together to me, Those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice."
6) The heavens shall declare his righteousness, For God himself is judge. Selah.
7) "Hear, my people, and I will speak; Israel, and I will testify against you. I am God, your God.
8) I don‘t rebuke you for your sacrifices. Your burnt offerings are continually before me.
9) I have no need for a bull from your stall, Nor male goats from your pens.
10) For every animal of the forest is mine, And the cattle on a thousand hills.
11) I know all the birds of the mountains. The wild animals of the field are mine.
12) If I were hungry, I would not tell you, For the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13) Will I eat the flesh of bulls, Or drink the blood of goats?
14) Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Pay your vows to the Most High.
15) Call on me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
16) But to the wicked God says, "What right do you have to declare my statutes, That you have taken my covenant on your lips,
17) Seeing you hate instruction, And throw my words behind you?
18) When you saw a thief, you consented with him, And have participated with adulterers.
19) "You give your mouth to evil. Your tongue harnesses deceit.
20) You sit and speak against your brother. You slander your own mother‘s son.
21) You have done these things, and I kept silence. You thought that the "I AM" was just like you. I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes.
22) "Now consider this, you who forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
23) Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, And prepares his way so that I will show God‘s salvation to him." Psalm 51 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.
1) Praise Yah, For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant and fitting to praise him.
2) Yahweh builds up Jerusalem. He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.
3) He heals the broken in heart, And binds up their wounds.
4) He counts the number of the stars. He calls them all by their names.
5) Great is our Lord, and mighty in power. His understanding is infinite.
6) Yahweh upholds the humble. He brings the wicked down to the ground.
7) Sing to Yahweh with thanksgiving. Sing praises on the harp to our God,
8) Who covers the sky with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass grow on the mountains.
9) He provides food for the cattle, And for the young ravens when they call.
10) He doesn‘t delight in the strength of the horse. He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
11) Yahweh takes pleasure in those who fear him, In those who hope in his lovingkindness.
12) Praise Yahweh, Jerusalem! Praise your God, Zion!
13) For he has strengthened the bars of your gates. He has blessed your children within you.
14) He makes peace in your borders. He fills you with the finest of the wheat.
15) He sends out his commandment on earth. His word runs very swiftly.
16) He gives snow like wool, And scatters frost like ashes.
17) He hurls down his hail like pebbles. Who can stand before his cold?
18) He sends out his word, and melts them. He causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19) He shows his word to Jacob; His statutes and his ordinances to Israel.
20) He has not done this for any nation; They don‘t know his ordinances. Praise Yah! Psalm 148
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.