The Sermon The Holy Spirit and You by David McGee
Jun 05, 2022
The Holy Spirit and You (34:45)
Referenced Scriptures: John 16:5-15; James 2:14-26
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
5) But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?‘
6) But because I have told you these things, sorrow has filled your heart.
7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don‘t go away, the Counselor won‘t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
8) When he has come, he will convict the world in respect to sin, and righteousness, and judgment;
9) of sin, because they don‘t believe in me;
10) of righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you see me no more;
11) of judgment, because the prince of this world has been judged.
12) I have yet many things to tell you, but you can‘t bear them now.
13) However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever things he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you the things that are to come.
14) He will glorify me, for he will take from what is mine, and will declare it to you.
15) All things whatever the Father has are mine; therefore I said that he takes of mine, and will declare it to you.
14) What good is it, my brothers, if a man says he has faith, but has no works? Can that faith save him?
15) And if a brother or sister is naked and in lack of daily food,
16) and one of you tells them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled;" and yet you didn‘t give them the things the body needs, what good is it?
17) Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead in itself.
18) Yes, a man will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I by my works will show you my faith.
19) You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.
20) But do you want to know, vain man, that faith apart from works is dead?
21) Wasn‘t Abraham, our father, justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
22) You see that faith worked with his works, and by works faith was perfected;
23) and the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him as righteousness;" and he was called the friend of God.
24) You see then that by works, a man is justified, and not only by faith.
25) In like manner wasn‘t Rahab the prostitute also justified by works, in that she received the messengers, and sent them out another way?
26) For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.