The Sermon The Cross and the Resurrection Are Inseparable by David McGee
Apr 17, 2022
The Cross and the Resurrection Are Inseparable (35:29)
Referenced Scriptures: Hebrews 9:21-22; 1 John 1:7; Romans 6:3-11; John 20:18-23; 1 Corinthians 15:15-23; Galatians 2:20; Acts 26:14-18; Romans 8:17-21; 1 Corinthians 15:54-55; John 1:14; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8; Matthew 28:16-20
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
21) Moreover he sprinkled the tent and all the vessels of the ministry in like manner with the blood.
22) According to the law, nearly everything is cleansed with blood, and apart from shedding of blood there is no remission.
1 John 1:7
7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
3) Or don‘t you know that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
4) We were buried therefore with him through baptism to death, that just like Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will also be part of his resurrection;
6) knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be in bondage to sin.
7) For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8) But if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him;
9) knowing that Christ, being raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no more has dominion over him!
10) For the death that he died, he died to sin once; but the life that he lives, he lives to God.
11) Thus also consider yourselves also to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
18) Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had said these things to her.
19) When therefore it was evening, on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were locked where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be to you."
20) When he had said this, he showed to them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad when they saw the Lord.
21) Jesus therefore said to them again, "Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you."
22) When he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit!
23) Whoever‘s sins you forgive, they are forgiven to them. Whoever‘s sins you retain, they are retained."
1 Corinthians 15:15-23
15) Yes, we are found false witnesses of God, because we testified about God that he raised up Christ, whom he didn‘t raise up, if it is so that the dead are not raised.
16) For if the dead aren‘t raised, neither has Christ been raised.
17) If Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins.
18) Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19) If we have only hoped in Christ in this life, we are of all men most pitiable.
20) But now Christ has been raised from the dead. He became the first fruits of those who are asleep.
21) For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man.
22) For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
23) But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then those who are Christ‘s, at his coming.
20) I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me. That life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.
14) When we had all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goad.‘
15) I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?‘ He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you persecute.
16) But arise, and stand on your feet, for to this end have I appeared to you, to appoint you a servant and a witness both of the things which you have seen, and of the things which I will reveal to you;
17) delivering you from the people, and from the Gentiles, to whom I send you,
18) to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in me.‘
17) and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if indeed we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified with him.
18) For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which will be revealed toward us.
19) For the creation waits with eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.
20) For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope
21) that the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.
1 Corinthians 15:54-55
54) But when this corruptible will have put on incorruption, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then what is written will happen: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
55) "Death, where is your sting? Hades, where is your victory?"
14) The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
1 Corinthians 15:3-8
3) For I delivered to you first of all that which also I received: that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
4) that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
5) and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
6) Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep.
7) Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,
8) and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also.
16) But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had sent them.
17) When they saw him, they bowed down to him, but some doubted.
18) Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
19) Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20) teaching them to observe all things which I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.