The Sermon What Was the Beginning? by David McGee
Feb 21, 2021
What Was the Beginning? (35:21)
Referenced Scriptures: John 1:1-15; Psalm 33:6; Psalm 119:11; Isaiah 44:9; Psalm 104:1-9
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made.
4) In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5) The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn‘t overcome it.
6) There came a man, sent from God, whose name was John.
7) The same came as a witness, that he might testify about the light, that all might believe through him.
8) He was not the light, but was sent that he might testify about the light.
9) The true light that enlightens everyone was coming into the world.
10) He was in the world, and the world was made through him, and the world didn‘t recognize him.
11) He came to his own, and those who were his own didn‘t receive him.
12) But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God‘s children, to those who believe in his name:
13) who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14) The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15) John testified about him. He cried out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me, for he was before me.‘"
6) By the word of Yahweh were the heavens made, All the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
11) I have hidden your word in my heart, That I might not sin against you.
9) Those who fashion an engraved image are all of them vanity; and the things that they delight in shall not profit; and their own witnesses don‘t see, nor know: that they may be put to shame.
1) Bless Yahweh, my soul. Yahweh, my God, you are very great. You are clothed with honor and majesty.
2) He covers himself with light as with a garment. He stretches out the heavens like a curtain.
3) He lays the beams of his chambers in the waters. He makes the clouds his chariot. He walks on the wings of the wind.
4) He makes his messengers winds; His servants flames of fire.
5) He laid the foundations of the earth, That it should not be moved forever.
6) You covered it with the deep as with a cloak. The waters stood above the mountains.
7) At your rebuke they fled. At the voice of your thunder they hurried away.
8) The mountains rose, The valleys sank down, To the place which you had assigned to them.
9) You have set a boundary that they may not pass over; That they don‘t turn again to cover the earth.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.