The Sermon Jesus, Jehovah Is Salvation by David McGee
Dec 20, 2020
Jesus, Jehovah Is Salvation (34:33)
Referenced Scriptures: Luke 1:26-38; Luke 2:1-7
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
26) Now in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27) to a virgin pledged to be married to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin‘s name was Mary.
28) Having come in to her, the angel said, "Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!"
29) But when she saw him, she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered what kind of salutation this might be.
30) The angel said to her, "Don‘t be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31) Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and will call his name JESUS.
32) He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give to him the throne of his father, David,
33) and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end of his kingdom."
34) Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, seeing I am a virgin?"
35) The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one which is born from you will be called the Son of God.
36) Behold, Elizabeth, your relative, also has conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37) For no word from God will be void of power."
38) Mary said, "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; be it to me according to your word." The angel departed from her.
1) Now it happened in those days, that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be enrolled.
2) This was the first enrollment made when Quirinius was governor of Syria.
3) All went to enroll themselves, everyone to his own city.
4) Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David;
5) to enroll himself with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him as wife, being great with child.
6) It happened, while they were there, that the day had come that she should give birth.
7) She brought forth her firstborn son, and she wrapped him in bands of cloth, and laid him in a feeding trough, because there was no room for them in the inn.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.