The Sermon Be the Warrior, Not the Worrier by Terri Rummel
Jul 5, 2020
Be the Warrior, Not the Worrier (27:36)
Referenced Scriptures: John 10:10; 1 Peter 5:6-10; Ephesians 6:10-18; Hebrews 3:13; Ecclesiastes 4:12; Matthew 6:25-34; John 14:27
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
10) The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.
1 Peter 5:6-10
6) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;
7) casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you.
8) Be sober and self-controlled. Be watchful. Your adversary the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9) Withstand him steadfast in your faith, knowing that your brothers who are in the world are undergoing the same sufferings.
10) But may the God of all grace (who called you to his eternal glory by Christ Jesus), after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
10) Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.
11) Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12) For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world‘s rulers of the darkness of this age, and against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13) Therefore, put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand.
14) Stand therefore, having the utility belt of truth buckled around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15) and having fitted your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16) above all, taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.
17) Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18) with all prayer and requests, praying at all times in the Spirit, and being watchful to this end in all perseverance and requests for all the saints:
13) but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called "today;" lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
12) If a man prevails against one who is alone, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
25) Therefore, I tell you, don‘t be anxious for your life, what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will put on. Isn‘t life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26) See the birds of the sky, that they don‘t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren‘t you of much more value than they?
27) Which of you, by being anxious, can add one cubit to the measure of his life?
28) Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don‘t toil, neither do they spin,
29) yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these.
30) But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, won‘t he much more clothe you, you of little faith?
31) Therefore don‘t be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?‘, ‘What will we drink?‘ or, ‘With what will we be clothed?‘
32) For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33) But seek first God‘s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be added to you.
34) Therefore don‘t be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day‘s own evil is sufficient.
27) Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don‘t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.