The Sermon An Angel Appears to Mary by David McGee
Dec 15, 2019
An Angel Appears to Mary (37:58)
Referenced Scriptures: Luke 1:26-52
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
26) Now in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27) to a virgin pledged to be married to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin‘s name was Mary.
28) Having come in to her, the angel said, "Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!"
29) But when she saw him, she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered what kind of salutation this might be.
30) The angel said to her, "Don‘t be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31) Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and will call his name JESUS.
32) He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give to him the throne of his father, David,
33) and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end of his kingdom."
34) Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, seeing I am a virgin?"
35) The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one which is born from you will be called the Son of God.
36) Behold, Elizabeth, your relative, also has conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37) For no word from God will be void of power."
38) Mary said, "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; be it to me according to your word." The angel departed from her.
39) Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judah,
40) and entered into the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
41) It happened, when Elizabeth heard Mary‘s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42) She called out with a loud voice, and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
43) Why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44) For behold, when the voice of your greeting came into my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy!
45) Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of the things which have been spoken to her from the Lord!"
46) Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord.
47) My spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior,
48) For he has looked at the humble state of his handmaid. For behold, from now on, all generations will call me blessed.
49) For he who is mighty has done to me great things; Holy is his name.
50) His mercy is for generations of generations on those who fear him.
51) He has shown strength with his arm. He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their heart.
52) He has put down princes from their thrones. Has exalted the lowly.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.