The Sermon I Have Come to Rescue by David McGee
Nov 03, 2019
I Have Come to Rescue (33:19)
Referenced Scriptures: Exodus 3:1-12; Zechariah 4:6-6; 1 Peter 2:9-9; Ephesians 2:8-9
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Now Moses was keeping the flock of Jethro, his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the back of the wilderness, and came to God‘s mountain, to Horeb.
2) The angel of Yahweh appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3) Moses said, I will turn aside now, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
4) When Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the midst of the bush, and said, "Moses! Moses!" He said, "Here I am."
5) He said, "Don‘t come close. Take off your sandals from off your feet, for the place you are standing on is holy ground."
6) Moreover he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look at God.
7) Yahweh said, "I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.
8) I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey; to the place of the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Amorite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
9) Now, behold, the cry of the children of Israel has come to me. Moreover I have seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them.
10) Come now therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh, that you may bring forth my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt."
11) Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?"
12) He said, "Certainly I will be with you. This will be the token to you, that I have sent you: when you have brought forth the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain."
6) Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of Yahweh to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says Yahweh of Hosts.
1 Peter 2:9-9
9) But you are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God‘s own possession, that you may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
8) for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9) not of works, that no one would boast.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.