The Sermon A Path Light by David McGee
May 05, 2019
A Path Light (38:14)
Referenced Scriptures: Psalm 119:105-105; Job 19:7-27; Job 38:1-5; Job 40:1-14; Job 42:1-12
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
105) Your word is a lamp to my feet, And a light for my path.
7) "Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry for help, but there is no justice.
8) He has walled up my way so that I can‘t pass, And has set darkness in my paths.
9) He has stripped me of my glory, And taken the crown from my head.
10) He has broken me down on every side, and I am gone. My hope he has plucked up like a tree.
11) He has also kindled his wrath against me. He counts me among his adversaries.
12) His troops come on together, Build a siege ramp against me, And encamp around my tent.
13) "He has put my brothers far from me. My acquaintances are wholly estranged from me.
14) My relatives have gone away. My familiar friends have forgotten me.
15) Those who dwell in my house, and my maids, count me for a stranger. I am an alien in their sight.
16) I call to my servant, and he gives me no answer; I beg him with my mouth.
17) My breath is offensive to my wife. I am loathsome to the children of my own mother.
18) Even young children despise me. If I arise, they speak against me.
19) All my familiar friends abhor me. They whom I loved have turned against me.
20) My bones stick to my skin and to my flesh. I have escaped by the skin of my teeth.
21) "Have pity on me, have pity on me, you my friends; For the hand of God has touched me.
22) Why do you persecute me as God, And are not satisfied with my flesh?
23) "Oh that my words were now written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
24) That with an iron pen and lead They were engraved in the rock forever!
25) But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives. In the end, he will stand upon the earth.
26) After my skin is destroyed, Then in my flesh shall I see God,
27) Whom I, even I, shall see on my side. My eyes shall see, and not as a stranger. "My heart is consumed within me.
1) Then Yahweh answered Job out of the whirlwind,
2) "Who is this who darkens counsel By words without knowledge?
3) Brace yourself like a man, For I will question you, then you answer me!
4) "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding.
5) Who determined the measures of it, if you know? Or who stretched the line on it?
1) Moreover Yahweh answered Job,
2) "Shall he who argues contend with the Almighty? He who argues with God, let him answer it."
3) Then Job answered Yahweh,
4) "Behold, I am of small account. What shall I answer you? I lay my hand on my mouth.
5) I have spoken once, and I will not answer; Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further."
6) Then Yahweh answered Job out of the whirlwind,
7) "Now brace yourself like a man. I will question you, and you will answer me.
8) Will you even annul my judgment? Will you condemn me, that you may be justified?
9) Or have you an arm like God? Can you thunder with a voice like him?
10) "Now deck yourself with excellency and dignity. Array yourself with honor and majesty.
11) Pour forth the fury of your anger. Look on everyone who is proud, and bring him low.
12) Look on everyone who is proud, and humble him. Crush the wicked in their place.
13) Hide them in the dust together. Bind their faces in the hidden place.
14) Then I will also admit to you That your own right hand can save you.
1) Then Job answered Yahweh,
2) "I know that you can do all things, And that no purpose of yours can be restrained.
3) You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?‘ Therefore I have uttered that which I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I didn‘t know.
4) You said, ‘Listen, now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you will answer me.‘
5) I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees you.
6) Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes."
7) It was so, that after Yahweh had spoken these words to Job, Yahweh said to Eliphaz the Temanite, "My wrath is kindled against you, and against your two friends; for you have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job has.
8) Now therefore, take to yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you, for I will accept him, that I not deal with you according to your folly. For you have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job has."
9) So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did what Yahweh commanded them, and Yahweh accepted Job.
10) Yahweh turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends. Yahweh gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11) Then came there to him all his brothers, and all his sisters, and all those who had been of his acquaintance before, and ate bread with him in his house. They comforted him, and consoled him concerning all the evil that Yahweh had brought on him. Everyone also gave him a piece of money, and everyone a ring of gold.
12) So Yahweh blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand female donkeys.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.