The Sermon Without A Nickel by David McGee
Dec 02, 2018
Without A Nickel (27:22)
Referenced Scriptures: Acts 3:1-23; 2 Peter 3:10-11; Matthew 3:8-8
In this week's sermon we talk about xxxxxxx.
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Peter and John were going up into the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.
2) A certain man who was lame from his mother‘s womb was being carried, whom they laid daily at the door of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of those who entered into the temple.
3) Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms.
4) Peter, fastening his eyes on him, with John, said, "Look at us."
5) He listened to them, expecting to receive something from them.
6) But Peter said, "Silver and gold have I none, but what I have, that I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise and walk!"
7) He took him by the right hand, and raised him up. Immediately his feet and his ankle bones received strength.
8) Leaping up, he stood, and began to walk. He entered with them into the temple, walking, leaping, and praising God.
9) All the people saw him walking and praising God.
10) They recognized him, that it was he who sat begging for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple. They were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened to him.
11) As the lame man who was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the porch that is called Solomon‘s, greatly wondering.
12) When Peter saw it, he answered to the people, "You men of Israel, why do you marvel at this man? Why do you fasten your eyes on us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made him walk?
13) The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up, and denied before the face of Pilate, when he had determined to release him.
14) But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,
15) and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, whereof we are witnesses.
16) By faith in his name has his name made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which is through him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17) "Now, brothers, I know that you did this in ignorance, as did also your rulers.
18) But the things which God announced by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he thus fulfilled.
19) Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that so there may come times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord,
20) and that he may send Christ Jesus, who was ordained for you before,
21) whom the heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, whereof God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets that have been from ancient times.
22) For Moses indeed said to the fathers, ‘The Lord God will raise up a prophet to you from among your brothers, like me. You will listen to him in all things whatever he says to you.
23) It will be, that every soul that will not listen to that prophet will be utterly destroyed from among the people.‘
2 Peter 3:10-11
10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11) Therefore since all these things are thus to be destroyed, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy living and godliness,
8) Therefore bring forth fruit worthy of repentance!
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.