The Sermon Not A Fan by Terri Rummel
Nov 04, 2018
Not A Fan (24:56)
Referenced Scriptures: John 3:1-11; John 7:43-52; John 19:39-42; Romans 1:16-16
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
2) The same came to him by night, and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do, unless God is with him."
3) Jesus answered him, "Most assuredly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can‘t see the kingdom of God."
4) Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother‘s womb, and be born?"
5) Jesus answered, "Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he can‘t enter into the kingdom of God!
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7) Don‘t marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born anew.‘
8) The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but don‘t know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
9) Nicodemus answered him, "How can these things be?"
10) Jesus answered him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and don‘t understand these things?
11) Most assuredly I tell you, we speak that which we know, and testify of that which we have seen, and you don‘t receive our witness.
43) So there arose a division in the multitude because of him.
44) Some of them would have taken him, but no one laid hands on him.
45) The officers therefore came to the chief priests and Pharisees, and they said to them, "Why didn‘t you bring him?"
46) The officers answered, "No man ever spoke like this man!"
47) The Pharisees therefore answered them, "Are you also led astray?
48) Has any of the rulers believed in him, or of the Pharisees?
49) But this cursed multitude doesn‘t know the law."
50) Nicodemus (he who came to him by night, being one of them) said to them,
51) "Does our law judge a man, unless it first hears from him personally and knows what he does?"
52) They answered him, "Are you also from Galilee? Search, and see that no prophet has arisen out of Galilee."
39) Nicodemus also came, he who at first came to Jesus by night, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred Roman pounds.
40) So they took Jesus‘ body, and bound it in linen cloths with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury.
41) Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden. In the garden a new tomb in which no man had ever yet been laid.
42) Then because of the Jews‘ Preparation (for the tomb was near at hand) they laid Jesus there.
16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to everyone who believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.