The Sermon Tremendous Power Available by David McGee
Jun 03, 2018
Tremendous Power Available (25:40)
Referenced Scriptures: James 5:16; Luke 11:1-13; Luke 18:1-8; Ephesians 3:20
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
16) Confess your offenses one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effective, earnest prayer of a righteous man is powerfully effective.
1) It happened, that when he finished praying in a certain place, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John also taught his disciples."
2) He said to them, "When you pray, say, ‘Our Father in heaven, May your name be kept holy. May your kingdom come. May your desire be done on Earth, as it is in heaven.
3) Give us day by day our daily bread.
4) Forgive us our sins, for we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. Bring us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.‘"
5) He said to them, "Which of you, if you go to a friend at midnight, and tell him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread,
6) for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him,‘
7) and he from within will answer and say, ‘Don‘t bother me. The door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I can‘t get up and give it to you‘?
8) I tell you, although he will not rise and give it to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence, he will get up and give him as many as he needs.
9) I tell you, keep asking, and it will be given you. Keep seeking, and you will find. Keep knocking, and it will be opened to you.
10) For everyone who asks receives. He who seeks finds. To him who knocks it will be opened.
11) Which of you fathers, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he won‘t give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?
12) Or if he asks for an egg, he won‘t give him a scorpion, will he?
13) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?"
1) He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up,
2) saying, "A certain judge was in a city, who didn‘t fear God, and didn‘t respect man.
3) A widow was in that city, and she came often to him, saying, ‘Defend me from my adversary!‘
4) He wouldn‘t for a while, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I don‘t fear God, nor respect man,
5) yet because this widow bothers me, I will defend her, or else she will wear me out by her continual coming.‘"
6) The Lord said, "Listen to what the unrighteous judge says.
7) Won‘t God avenge his elect, who are crying out to him day and night, and yet he exercises patience with them?
8) I tell you that he will avenge them quickly. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"
20) Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.