The Sermon Why A Resurrection? by David McGee
Apr 01, 2018
Why A Resurrection? (12:28)
Referenced Scriptures: Romans 8:10-11; Romans 6:8-11; Hebrews 7:23-25; John 20:1-18
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
10) If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11) But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
8) But if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him;
9) knowing that Christ, being raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no more has dominion over him!
10) For the death that he died, he died to sin once; but the life that he lives, he lives to God.
11) Thus also consider yourselves also to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
23) Many, indeed, have been made priests, because they are hindered from continuing by death.
24) But he, because he lives forever, has his priesthood unchangeable.
25) Therefore he is also able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.
1) Now on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene came early, while it was yet dark, to the tomb, and saw the stone taken away from the tomb.
2) She ran therefore, and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we don‘t know where they have laid him!"
3) Peter therefore went forth, and the other disciple, and they went toward the tomb.
4) They both ran together. The other disciple outran Peter, and came to the tomb first.
5) Stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths lying, yet he didn‘t enter in.
6) Then Simon Peter came, following him, and entered into the tomb. He saw the linen cloths lying,
7) and the cloth that was on his head, not lying with the linen cloths, but rolled up in a place by itself.
8) Then the other disciple also entered in therefore, who came first to the tomb, and he saw, and believed.
9) For as yet they didn‘t know the scripture, that he must rise from the dead.
10) So the disciples went away again to their own homes.
11) But Mary was standing outside at the tomb weeping. So, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb,
12) and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head, and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13) They told her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I don‘t know where they have laid him."
14) When she had said this, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and didn‘t know that it was Jesus.
15) Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?" She, supposing him to be the gardener, said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away."
16) Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned herself, and said to him, "Rhabbouni!" which is to say, "Teacher!"
17) Jesus said to her, "Don‘t touch me, for I haven‘t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.‘"
18) Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had said these things to her.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.