The Sermon Tomorrow - Faithfulness by Jose' Vargas
Mar 11, 2018
Tomorrow - Faithfulness (28:08)
Referenced Scriptures: 2 Kings 3:11-20; John 4:14; Revelation 2:8-11
Text: Revelation 2:1-11
Big Idea: If we are faithful to the end even in light of suffering, we will receive a great reward, and many will be drawn to Christ through our faithfulness.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What was different about the church in Smyrna?
3. What does God promise to those who remain faithful, even under persecution?
4. How can you show love to others, even as Christianity is becoming less acceptable among general society?
5. What can you do for the persecuted church abroad?
6. How can we pray for you?
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
2 Kings 3:11-20
11) But Jehoshaphat said, Isn‘t there here a prophet of Yahweh, that we may inquire of Yahweh by him? One of the king of Israel‘s servants answered, Elisha the son of Shaphat is here, who poured water on the hands of Elijah.
12) Jehoshaphat said, The word of Yahweh is with him. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him.
13) Elisha said to the king of Israel, What have I to do with you? get you to the prophets of your father, and to the prophets of your mother. The king of Israel said to him, No; for Yahweh has called these three kings together to deliver them into the hand of Moab.
14) Elisha said, As Yahweh of Hosts lives, before whom I stand, surely, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look toward you, nor see you.
15) But now bring me a minstrel. It happened, when the minstrel played, that the hand of Yahweh came on him.
16) He said, Thus says Yahweh, Make this valley full of trenches.
17) For thus says Yahweh, You shall not see wind, neither shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, and you shall drink, both you and your cattle and your animals.
18) This is but a light thing in the sight of Yahweh: he will also deliver the Moabites into your hand.
19) You shall strike every fortified city, and every choice city, and shall fell every good tree, and stop all springs of water, and mar every good piece of land with stones.
20) It happened in the morning, about the time of offering the offering, that behold, there came water by the way of Edom, and the country was filled with water.
14) but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
8) "To the angel of the assembly in Smyrna write: "The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life says these things:
9) "I know your oppression, and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews, and they are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
10) Don‘t be afraid of the things which you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested; and you will have oppression for ten days. Be faithful to death, and I will give you the crown of life.
11) He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. He who overcomes won‘t be hurt by the second death.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.