The Sermon Tomorrow - Worry by Jose' Vargas
Feb 25, 2018
Tomorrow - Worry (28:24)
Referenced Scriptures: Matthew 10:30-31; Isaiah 40:28-31; Matthew 6:25-34; Luke 12:22-27
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What does this passage teach about worry?
3. What are your biggest stressors?
4. Starting right now, what can you do to worry less, and trust God more?
5. How can we pray for you?
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
30) but the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31) Therefore don‘t be afraid, you are of more value than many sparrows.
28) Have you not known? have you not heard? The everlasting God, Yahweh, the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn‘t faint, neither is weary; there is no searching of his understanding.
29) He gives power to the faint; and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30) Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31) but those who wait for Yahweh shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.
25) Therefore, I tell you, don‘t be anxious for your life, what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will put on. Isn‘t life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26) See the birds of the sky, that they don‘t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren‘t you of much more value than they?
27) Which of you, by being anxious, can add one cubit to the measure of his life?
28) Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don‘t toil, neither do they spin,
29) yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these.
30) But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, won‘t he much more clothe you, you of little faith?
31) Therefore don‘t be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?‘, ‘What will we drink?‘ or, ‘With what will we be clothed?‘
32) For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33) But seek first God‘s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be added to you.
34) Therefore don‘t be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day‘s own evil is sufficient.
22) He said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, don‘t be anxious for your life, what you will eat, nor yet for your body, what you will wear.
23) Life is more than food, and the body than clothing.
24) Consider the ravens: they don‘t sow, they don‘t reap, they have no warehouse or barn, and God feeds them. How much more valuable are you than birds!
25) Which of you by being anxious can add a cubit to his height?
26) If then you aren‘t able to do even the least things, why are you anxious about the rest?
27) Consider the lilies, how they grow. They don‘t toil, neither do they spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.