The Sermon We Believe by David McGee
Mar 12, 2023
We Believe (34:56)
Referenced Scriptures: John 3:1-16; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:9; 1 John 1:7; John 14:16; 2 Timothy 3:15; John 1:1-5; 2 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 16:17; 1 John 2:20-27; 2 Peter 1:20-21
Click To View Notes & Scriptures
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1) Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
2) The same came to him by night, and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do, unless God is with him."
3) Jesus answered him, "Most assuredly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can‘t see the kingdom of God."
4) Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother‘s womb, and be born?"
5) Jesus answered, "Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he can‘t enter into the kingdom of God!
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7) Don‘t marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born anew.‘
8) The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but don‘t know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
9) Nicodemus answered him, "How can these things be?"
10) Jesus answered him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and don‘t understand these things?
11) Most assuredly I tell you, we speak that which we know, and testify of that which we have seen, and you don‘t receive our witness.
12) If I told you earthly things and you don‘t believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
13) No one has ascended into heaven, but he who descended out of heaven, the Son of Man, who is in heaven.
14) As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15) that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
23) for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
1 John 1:9
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:7
7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
16) I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, that he may be with you forever,
2 Timothy 3:15
15) From infancy, you have known the sacred writings which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus.
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made.
4) In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5) The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn‘t overcome it.
2 Timothy 3:16
16) Every scripture inspired by God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness,
17) Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
1 John 2:20-27
20) You have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know the truth.
21) I have not written to you because you don‘t know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
22) Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
23) Whoever denies the Son, the same doesn‘t have the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.
24) Therefore, as for you, let that remain in you which you heard from the beginning. If that which you heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son, and in the Father.
25) This is the promise which he promised us, the eternal life.
26) These things I have written to you concerning those who would lead you astray.
27) As for you, the anointing which you received from him remains in you, and you don‘t need for anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is no lie, and even as it taught you, you will remain in him.
2 Peter 1:20-21
20) knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
21) For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke, being moved by the Holy Spirit.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.