The Sermon Being Thankful is the Will of God by David McGee
Nov 20, 2022
Being Thankful is the Will of God (31:55)
Referenced Scriptures: 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18; 2 Corinthians 11:23-27; Ephesians 4:4; Luke 17:11-19; 2 Samuel 6:18-22; Psalm 100:1-5
The scriptures below are from the WEB Bible.
1 Thessalonians 5:15-18
15) See that no one returns evil for evil to anyone, but always follow after that which is good, towards one another, and towards all.
16) Rejoice always.
17) Pray without ceasing.
18) In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you.
2 Corinthians 11:23-27
23) Are they servants of Christ? (I speak as one beside himself) I am more so; in labors more abundantly, in prisons more abundantly, in stripes above measure, in deaths often.
24) Five times from the Jews I received forty stripes minus one.
25) Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I suffered shipwreck. I have been a night and a day in the deep.
26) I have been in travels often, perils of rivers, perils of robbers, perils from my countrymen, perils from the Gentiles, perils in the city, perils in the wilderness, perils in the sea, perils among false brothers;
27) labor and travail, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, and in cold and nakedness.
4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling;
11) It happened, as he was on his way to Jerusalem, that he was passing along the borders of Samaria and Galilee.
12) As he entered into a certain village, ten men who were lepers met him, who stood far away.
13) They lifted up their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!"
14) When he saw them, he said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." It happened, as they went, they were cleansed.
15) One of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice.
16) He fell on his face at his feet, giving him thanks. He was a Samaritan.
17) Jesus answered, "Weren‘t the ten cleansed? But where are the nine?
18) Were there none found who returned to give glory to God, except this stranger?"
19) He said to him, "Get up, and go your way. Your faith has healed you."
2 Samuel 6:18-22
18) When David had made an end of offering the burnt offering and the peace-offerings, he blessed the people in the name of Yahweh of Hosts.
19) He dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, both to men and women, to everyone a cake of bread, and a portion [of flesh], and a cake of raisins. So all the people departed everyone to his house.
20) Then David returned to bless his household. Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, who uncovered himself today in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!
21) David said to Michal, [It was] before Yahweh, who chose me above your father, and above all his house, to appoint me prince over the people of Yahweh, over Israel: therefore will I play before Yahweh.
22) I will be yet more vile than this, and will be base in my own sight: but of the handmaids of whom you have spoken, of them shall I be had in honor.
1) Make a joyful noise to Yahweh, all you lands!
2) Serve Yahweh with gladness. Come before his presence with singing.
3) Know that Yahweh, he is God. It is he who has made us, and we are his. We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, Into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, and bless his name.
5) For Yahweh is good. His lovingkindness endures forever, His faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 101 A Psalm by David.
The WEB Bible is provided by Public Domain.